A Very Big Bird



I don't know if she thinks that seed is for her, but if I don't catch her (or any one of the other four or so that roam our yard) she will drain it in a flash.



Here's a welcome visitor, but I'm not sure what type of bird this is. We need to check our new bird field guide so we can identify it.



He (or she) "owns" the feeder, though. I unhook it at night and sit it on the patio, to discourage those other big "birds" from gobbling it up. If I'm outside and don't have the feeder back in place, this one will chirp, chirp at me, flying back and forth between feeder and tree, until I put it back up.

Comments

  1. I think that big bird is a Great Golden Galumph. We have them around here, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you...