Coming Home

Mom has amazed the doctors and therapists. She gets to come home today, just four days after her surgery. Truly amazing. I know both she and her five cats will be glad when she is settled back in her favorite chair.

This has been a tough week for me, testing my spiritual fruit. "...the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control..," (Galatians 5:22). I have not been very peaceful, patient, kind, etc. When I am stressed, I tend to panic and then everyone around me suffers. I have struggled with selfishness, and with guilt over not being a nice mom this week. I had to rebuke many "what-if" thoughts regarding Mom's situation. I realize that jumping into my day without spending quality alone time with my Savior definitely takes its toll on my coping ability.

I need to "come home," too, and allow my venting to happen while I sit on my Abba Father's lap, instead of allowing frustrations to mount and expecting others to cater to me.

Comments