Mom

This morning, on the way to her Sunday school class, the neck of my mom's right femur snapped (when she turned to talk to someone) and she fell. She is at Mon General and is going to have surgery some time tomorrow. Please pray for her as she is distressed and in pain (obviously).

When I told my kids, they were all so sweet to bow their heads and fold their hands in prayer for Grandma. Then Sara said, "She's gonna die just like Grandpa and then you won't have a mommy or a daddy and you'll be all alone. Good thing you have us so you won't be lonely."

This coming Saturday, April 17th, is the day that my dad fell last year and broke his hip. When Dad came to our homeschool group's Art and Literature Fair last Spring (before his fall), Sara walked up to him and said, "You goin' to Heaven."

Dad just chuckled and said, "Yeah, I hope so. I bought a ticket."

Then he looked at me and said, "She doesn't beat around the bush, does she?"

Indeed.

Comments