Make the Most of Your Time



“Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil,” (Ephesians 5:15-16 NASB).


A group is proclaiming that the end of the world is coming this year. They say the rapture will occur in May, and then the destruction of earth and final judgment will happen in October. My reaction to this is not fear but mostly indifference, sprinkled with some this-is-crazy comments. Why? Because anyone who says they are a Christian and doesn’t know what the Bible says about the second coming of Christ and the rapture (at whatever millennial-related point that may be)—that even Jesus (said that he) doesn’t know when it will be—doesn’t have any credibility.

I was discussing the predictions and what the Bible says about false prophets with my children when I got a check in my spirit. It was Matthew 24 that stopped me. Jesus said when He comes again that it will be like it was in the days of Noah. What were people doing in Noah’s time? Noah was busy building the ark, trying to convince people that it was going to rain and flood the earth, killing everyone except those in the ark. The people were mostly indifferent, busy with life and the pursuit of their own happiness. And some mocked him. I got a check because that sounded like the way I was acting.

In Luke, it says that when Jesus is revealed at His second coming, it will be like the days of Lot when people were “eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building,” and they were caught unaware when the fire and brimstone started to fall on them.

I didn’t feel a check because I think the predictions about this year are true. I had a check because my attitude was like those who were destroyed in the days of Noah and Lot, and that isn’t good. I want to be ready; to be watching, prayerfully covering everyone I know, seeking the Lord for the salvation of others as long as I can. Not caught up in the busyness of life, waiting for the end with indifference toward the lost. I want to be careful how I walk, making the most of my days because time is short and Jesus is definitely coming back some day!

Comments