In Memory of Dad

Spencer Alan Shriver
Jun 21, 1933 - May 31, 2009

I miss my dad.

It's hard to believe that he has been gone for three years now; time flies by so quickly.

If you have any issues with your parents, or if there's anything about their history that you wish you knew, please take the time to talk with your mom or dad today. You never know if you'll have tomorrow, and the things that seem important enough to shore up walls today will lose their strength once your parent dies.

It's such an odd feeling when your parent is gone, even when you know that he or she has gone to be with the Lord. I had my dad for forty-three years, and now it seems like just a puff of wind went by and he was gone.

"So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom,"  (Psalm 90:12 NASB).

I'm so thankful that I'll get to see him again one day.







Comments