About Chick-Fil-A

I know there is a big uproar about Chick-Fil-A's president stating that the company supports the biblical definition of marriage--one man and one woman--and rejects the notion of homosexual marriage. I must go on record and say that I agree.

I also applaud them for taking a stand.

This world in which we live is tolerant of all things--unless they be godly. If someone speaks out about biblical morality, they are vilified. The very ones who accuse Christians of intolerance are themselves intolerant, and examples of what Romans 2:1 says:

"Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things."

I feel moved to write this post because I saw a comment by someone on facebook who said they wondered why a business would bother stating a public opinion about this issue, and why anyone would care what a business thinks about homosexuality.

It is VERY important to me what a business supports, especially if it goes against the law of God. I do not want my money to support any business that actively "comes out" in support of ungodly ways.

Yes, I would have to stop buying anything, if I take this to the extreme. However, I will not actively patronize any establishment that makes a point to be "for" homosexual rights.

The founder of amazon.com, and his wife, have made a public announcement that they are contributing $2.5 million to a cause in support of gay marriage (USA Today, 8/2/12). I buy a lot of things from amazon.com; but if I continue to buy from them, I'm contributing to the money that they have available for such purposes. I can't continue to do that.

Plus, if I trust that God is my provider, I know He will honor my decision and He will take care of my needs. (The wants can fall by the wayside...)

How about you? Have you asked God where you should spend your money?

Comments