Vote or Don't Complain


I have not voted every year since I was allowed to vote. (I am 46, and I've only voted since I turned 30.) But of all the elections I have voted in, this one has me looking toward the results the most.

I believe that our country is going down a dangerous path, and that the more we move away from the Bible and the absolute truth it contains, the worse things will get. Regardless of who President Obama says he is, you cannot be "for" gay marriage and be a Christian. That is not my opinion, that is truth in the Bible.

So, it comes down to what do you do? Vote for more of the same person who has made great strides away from Christian values? Or do you vote for a Mormon, someone who belongs to a cult?I see any vote that is not for Romney as a vote for Obama. I do not want Obama to be our next President, so I voted for Romney.

But, the biggest thing I pray for today--and have been praying for months--is for God's will to be done without any hindrance. He is ultimately in control, and His ways are not our ways (I glad of that...I mess things up too often). He is sovereign, and He already knows the outcome of the election.

"Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God," (Romans 13:1 NASB ).


Any anxiety we may have about how things will turn out tonight, and the next four years, will not change anything -- but your vote does matter!


Does God care if we vote? Here's a great article by Charles Stanley, about our Civic Responsibility.

The most important thing you can do is pray. The second most important thing you can do on this election day is GO VOTE!

If you don't vote, please don't complain about the state of our Nation going forward.


Comments