1-Minute Wednesday

I found this wonderful site, The One-Minute Writer, through my friend, Lorrie's, blog. Since I'm regularly affected by SWS (Shy Writer Syndrome), I thought this would be good for me.

Many people who know me would laugh at the thought of my being shy. I'm certainly not a shy person; but when it comes to my writing, which is an important part of me, I am shy. And I hate rejection.

Although no one likes rejection, writers need to embrace it. The reality is, rejection is a part of a writer's life. Not everyone agrees with our point of view, even though we feel we are right. [grin]

Anyway, this is my goal -- to endeavor to write (at least) weekly by writing to a prompt for a minute every Wednesday. We shall see how I follow through.


So, diving right in (with the timer set for one minute!) . . .

The One-Minute Writer: Today's Writing Prompt: Love or Money

Would I chose love or money? For me, this is a no brainer. The Bible says the love of money is the root of all evil, and while I know that money makes people happy, or makes them THINK they are happy, I don't believe that's the key to happiness. Conversely, love doesn't necessarily make you happy either, but you have more fun trying!

Wow, one minute goes fast! If you want to try this yourself, just visit The One-Minute Writer for their daily prompt, and get busy!

Comments