Mustard Seed Faith—A Testimony


I have a testimony!

For over a year, I've noticed a thunking sound in my right hip, but only when I would do Pilates or some other exercise that involved moving my leg back and forth.

Last Saturday, while I was shopping at Walmart, I became aware of a catching, clicking feeling in my hip. It was causing me consistently worse pain, so I went to see my rheumatologist on Wednesday. He said my hip function and rotation seemed fine and it was probably just the joint cartilage starting to wear some. Not the kind of news I wanted to hear.

The pain was constant and nagging, and although not excruciating, my focus was on it. So I am embarrassed to admit that I didn't pray about it. I just accepted it as something I was going to have to deal with. By Friday, it was to the point of clicking if I just shifted my weight from leg to leg while standing.

Today, a pastor at our church asked to pray for me. I said okay just out of respect for him. So we went to the back of the church (this was before the service got going) and my husband and another woman prayed with me and this pastor. He then asked me to get up and raise my right and left legs alternately, and to thank God for healing me. I started to thank him for praying and to go sit down, but he stopped me and asked how my hip was now.

I took a few steps and turned around and said, "It's not clicking," but clicking came out as a sob because I was truly amazed.

God healed this hip thing, whatever it was.

When I went back to my seat, I felt humbled that God would touch me when I seemingly had no faith in His desire to do so. This scripture kept coming to my mind:

"And He said to them, “Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you," (Matthew 17:20 NASB, emphasis mine).
How often have I missed the miraculous because I haven't treated prayer as the powerful tool it is? And I wonder, with the promise in the Bible that we will do greater works than Jesus, what could we accomplish if we truly took God at His word and walked by faith not by sight?




Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you...