Nominated for A Blog Award. How Nice!






My friend, Jessica, at Redeeming the Home, nominated me for this award. Like she mentions in her nomination post, I also have never heard of it before. Until now. (Thank you, Jessica. I feel so in-the-know now.)

The Liebster award is passed around to help connect readers to blogs and hopefully increase readership.

Part 1:  The first part of this award involves thanking your nominator, and then answering questions that he or she asks you.

Part 2: Then you nominate some other blog friends and ask them some questions. And on and on. Sort of like a blog chain letter. Only you (hopefully) get more readers instead of lots of letters in the mail.

(I like getting letters in the mail, so you can send me one, if you care to. :)


Part 1: 

1.  Why do you blog?

I blog because I enjoy writing and this is a way to do it sporadically, since that's all I can manage right now. It also is a less scary way to write, since you don't necessarily get feedback from anyone. I don't like criticism. I get enough of it from my own inner editor.


2. If you could turn any hobby into a full time career, what would it be?

Um, writing. And that might actually happen, if I overcome the fear of rejection and actually send out queries.


3.  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

I love France, so if I could live in some beautiful stone cottage in a flower infested area and meander through antique shops all day, that would be wonderful. (And also incredibly irresponsible, so this will never happen.)


4. What horrible, fake food do you secretly love?

Wild Cherry Pepsi. That's a drink. But I love it.


5. Greatest achievement?

Although not a solo effort, my greatest achievement is having my children. They amaze me moment by moment.


6. If money were no object, what would you go out and buy tomorrow?

A Land Rover SUV of some sort. I hate driving in bad weather, and I think Land Rovers are cool.


7.  If you had to pick another time period to be born in, what would it be?

Not sure, since I love the comforts of modern society (such a flushing toilets and other sanitary advances). But, I do love the English dramas that tell of society balls and the like. I think that would be far more fun (and real) social interaction than facebook.


8.  Your absolute best quality?

I can write well.


9. If you could go back in time and tell your teenage self one thing, what would it be?

Your body is a wonderful gift meant only to be opened by your husband. You will save yourself immeasurable amounts of grief, if you wait to share it with him only.


10. The best thing about your life right now?

That I know the Savior of the world and He promises never to forsake me, no matter how much I mess things up.


Part 2: 

My nominees

Positive Adoption

The Joyful Home

WV Urban Hippies

Life and Lessons Learned

Everything Beautiful

Random Thoughts

Life In Every Breath

Their Questions to answer:

1.  What is your favorite thing to write about on your blog?

2.  What do you dream about the most?

3. What is your favorite non-fiction book, besides the Bible? Why?

4.  What is your favorite fictional story? Why?

5.  What is your best organizing tip for paper clutter?

6.  What is your ultimate goal for your life?

7.  What is your favorite kid-friendly, easy-to-fix meal that feeds a family?

8.  Are you a structure and routine person, or do you usually feel like you wing it?

9.  What is your favorite thing to do to relax?

10. Which is more important to you: who you are, or what you accomplish?



Comments