Making Me New

My devotional for today, Maundy Thursday, is very encouraging.

The title is, "Prayer in the Hour of Despair," and it talks of Jesus' time in the garden of Gethsemane before His arrest and crucifixion.

The author, Winn Collier, points out that Jesus was in a garden, just like Adam and Eve were. But unlike they, He did not bow to temptation. He overcame. He pressed on and did what God told Him to do. He did not fail.

Yet, in spite of His glorious obedience, Jesus felt despair.

Despair doesn't mean failure.

I needed to know that today. I needed to be reminded that He knows exactly how I feel. Just like Hebrews 4:15 says: "For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin," (Hebrews 4:15 NASB).

 Jesus did what needed to be done, in order to make all things new. Including me.

And in doing so, he went through things that make Him an expert on despair and suffering and abandonment. He can relate to any hurt you are feeling.

If you are hurting, reach out to Him.

He is making me new. And He'll do the same for you.




Comments

  1. What a good, encouraging word!!! Thanks for that reminder Selena! And that song you posted with it is perfect! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Maria. I love that song. It is perfect for Easter, isn't it? Hope you have a wonderful day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you...