God is Gracious {Day 2 of 31}

So, the real challenge, even if only writing for 5 minutes a day this month, is to be in the mood to write. That is the beauty of this 31 day challenge, it gives you some motivation to do it anyway.

Today was tough, though. I was drowning in things to do, house things and school things, and all the other things that people do each day. And I didn't feel like praising. I felt like grumbling.

But when I took out the garbage late this afternoon and noticed it was a perfect autumn day outside - mild, sunny, super-blue sky, slight breeze - I realized that I have a bad attitude. Instead of enjoying the moment that I did have to get outside today, I wanted to fuss about not being able to lounge outside on my patio furniture.

Do you ever get that way? 

So the thing that I'm praising God for today is that He is gracious enough to give us beauty in the midst of our chaos, and then even more gracious not to smack us upside the head when we aren't thankful or appreciative.




http://glencampbellclan.blogspot.com/2014/10/31-days-of-praise-link-up.html

Comments

  1. I can relate to this. I'm working on this as well. I've been disciplining myself to write 3-5 things each night that I'm thankful for for that day. Some days, it's really hard, but I have to look beyond the chaos and look at the blessings in between. Like going outside to do a chore on a beautiful day, or my husband's crazy work schedule this week (we can use the overtime). I'm excited to read more of this challenge from you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you...