Five Minute Friday:: Door


When one door is opened another one (or more) is closed. That is how things usually work. Of course, sometimes it feels like every door is slammed in your face and you are trapped.

I've been there.

Thankfully, I'm in a different place now. But it is still a scary place. God has closed some pretty big doors in my life. And even though I know it's a good and right thing for me to not frantically grab hold of the handles and put my feet up on the walls, struggling to force them back open, that doesn't mean I'm not tempted to do just that.

The door that is opening for me is going to change much in my life. And that flat-out scares me. I don't like surprises. I would rather have things nailed down and spelled out and secure. Consistent. Predictable.

But God likes to shake us up, doesn't He? Especially when our security becomes rooted in something other than Him (even though it may be a Christian thing and look, from the outside, like it's all about Jesus--we know the truth).

So, that's where I'm at right now. Doing like the abominable snowman in the old Rudolph Christmas special, after he fell off the cliff. I'm learning to put one foot in front of the other, one hesitant, tentative, scared step after another, and walk through the open door in front of me.

Only God know what waits for me, but I have His Word that it will be good.



Joining with others who are writing for five minutes today. If you'd like to know more, just click here.

 

http://www.missionalwomen.com/faith-filled-friday-blog-link-up

Comments

  1. I'm definitely not fond of surprises, either, but sometimes, the surprises in store are even better than what we have now or will, at least, bring us to a better place. I love the adage about when one door closes -- it applies to much in life. Visiting from Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree that I'm going to a better place through this time of change, even though I don't like the change (haha). And I know that because I believe God is faithful!

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you...