My Sweet Princess

For over ten years now, I have been involved with the MPact Girls Ministries at my church. This is a discipleship program that involves weekly lessons, done in 4-week units.

For five years now, I have taught the Ruth class, in which the girls can become Honor Stars.



The annual celebration is a time when the current Honor Stars are given a sash by their mothers and crowned by their fathers with a sparkly tiara.




But this is more than just pageantry!



In order to "crown," these girls have to memorize a total of 27 scriptures. Then they take a fill-in-the-blank test, which requires that they get 70% (19/27) correct to pass. Sara got 25 correct!


In addition to the 27 memory verses, the girls also have to complete nine "Honor Steps," which require keeping a prayer journal, and extensive memorization of scriptural truths and doctrine. They also must profess Christ as their Savior, and live their lives in a way that lifts up Jesus.

During the ceremony, the girls were each asked what verse that they learned in the Stars class will help them the most in life, and why. This is Sara's response:


I think the verse that will help me most in life is Philippians 4:6-7:


 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard you hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
This verse will help me as I go through my life not to be anxious or worried, but to tell God my troubles. And God will protect my heart and mind from Satan, and give me his perfect peace.    






I told all the girls I have taught that hiding the Word of God in your heart is something that will stay with you, benefiting you well beyond the honor ceremony's recognition.

But it's still fun to be treated like a princess!

Sara means "princess," and her middle name, Lael, means "consecrated to God," so she is truly our little princess! We are so proud of her hard work, and her commitment to pursuing this goal.

Congratulations, Sara!  We love you!




Comments