Five Minute Friday :: Time {linkup}






It's about time that I do what I'm supposed to do, face what I'm supposed to face, and go where I'm supposed to go, without fear dragging me around by the nose.

I have homeschooled my three children since birth. They are now 11, 13 and 15. My thirteen year old son is probably entering the public school system next year, because my husband wants him to be able to play sports. (And no, he can't play with public school in our state unless he attends classes.)

My mom job of homeschooling has been my identity. So if nothing else, this journey will help me to see what really defines me. Because when I define myself by words for which their meaning can be lost (wife, mother, homeschooler, sister, friend, writer), it leaves me on shaky ground without a true foundation.

The only word that can define me completely and will never change is redeemed.

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1b).

I am His, and He will never let me go. I do not need to fear change, death, punishment or anything else life or the devil can throw at me, because God always has my back.

It's about time I live like I believe that.






This is not Friday, but a cold and snowy Monday for me. Still, I’ve got my coffee and I'm joining others over at Kate's place for some 5 minute free writing. If you want to write some too, just click here.



Comments

  1. Stopping by from Five Minute Friday and I can totally relate to this post. I am a veteran homeschooling mom (26 years) and have often traveled the shakey ground of allowing words to define me. One of my favorite songs is "I Am Redeemed" by Big Daddy Weave. I claim it as my theme song. :) Have a blessed day and a blessed week ahead!

    All My Love,
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lose fear the same way a frightened child holding his mother's had does, , by doing it scared. Then, we look back from the other side and say, "Lord! You brought me through that and I'm fine. In fact, I'm better than before."

    After may such experiences, fear becomes wonderfully diminished just as it does for the child learning to swim, or ride, or do any scary thing. I'll pray for you to old tight to God's hand as He continues to take you on the grand ride of life.

    Visiting from Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you...