First Day of (not home) School

Up at 6:00 a.m. this morning. (And yes, homeschoolers can and do get up early.) Threading his belt into his football pants. Annoying how those things come out in the washer. Hurray for safety pins.


Packing his football bag.

More packing.

His uniform for Catholic school.  Getting ready to leave.


At the school.


Walking inside. Cue Mom's tears...


My handsome, strong, intelligent, kind, tenderhearted son. I know he will be fine. But I miss him.

This is not my idea. I am being a submissive wife. And this will be the first time in his 13 years on this earth that he will spend more waking hours away from me than with me. He will ride a bus to the middle school to eat with his football team before their scrimmage tonight, so I won't see him until around 8:00 tonight. Then he will go to bed and get up in the morning and do it again. And again...

Yes, he will eventually go off on his own regardless of where he does his schooling. But it is still hard, and it seems so early.

 ...sigh...

Psalm 38:9
 "Lord, all my desire is before You; And my sighing is not hidden from You."
 God hears my prayers and He has good things for our son. I know He has gone before Him and will hem him in. I must be brave and trust Him.

God help me.


Comments