Five Minute Friday :: Now {link up}




“Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, having done everything to stand firm,” (Ephesians 6:13 NASB).

Do you know what resist means? Merriam-Webster says it means: to exert force in opposition; to withstand the force or effect of.

Not a passive thing, it would seem.

And what does to stand firm mean? Again, the dictionary says it means: to maintain one’s position.  Maintain means to persevere; and persevere means to persist in a state, enterprise, or undertaking in spite of counter influences, opposition or discouragement.

I don’t know about you, but in the midst of this joyful holiday season I’m feeling some of those things and I need God’s armor now more than ever.



 Linking with other Five Minute Friday writers where we write to a prompt just for the fun of it. Find out more at Kate Motaung's blog.










Comments

  1. Amen! Thank you for this reminder! I hope you have a lovely holiday season! I am stopping by from Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you...