As you may have read in my previous blog post, our beautiful Georgia Boo van was rear-ended. It is finally in the shop, and now we are driving Snow White, a rental, until our van is fixed. While I am thankful for something to drive while my Honda is being fixed, I do not like this Town & Country's features. I will be so happy to get my own van back!
Some highlights of the last few days:
- Wake up Tuesday to dead home phone. Again.
- Made copies at church, dragging books and papers in and out of rain. Called Time Warner from church to tell them phone is out again.
- On way home, remember that our van is to go to shop today.
- Call shop and they come get my van.
- Glen goes to hospital for a test.
- Call Enterprise and they come to get me in Snow White. As we are leaving (around 2:40), we pass Glen on our street and I wave to him.
- Get to Enterprise and remember that my driver's license is expired.
- Can't call Glen to have him come rent van because our phone is dead.
- Can't tell him I'm about to enter the Abyss that is the DMV because our phone is dead.
- Enterprise takes me to the Fairmont DMV.
- Sit in a chair at DMV for three hours watching the most amazing display of disorganization. Iain and I thumb wrestle for a while, to pass the time. Then we try index finger and pinkie finger wrestling, which doesn't work as well.
- Finally get license and call Enterprise. They say they'll be there as soon as they can.
- 20 minutes pass; call Enterprise again. They say it will be a few more minutes.
- It is 5:20 now.
- I call my elderly neighbor to ask for my other neighbor's phone number, so she can walk over and tell Glen that I am still alive.
- I call neighbor's cell phone and there's no answer.
- Enterprise picks me up at DMV and we go back to rent Snow White.
- Pull out of parking lot and almost get t-boned by a big truck.
- Laughing hysterically now.
- Get home and house is a wreck. Decide to get a sitter and have a good evening.
- Sitter comes and Glen and I go out to dinner.
- Felt tired after dinner and sat in parking lot of movie theatre for an hour before deciding we were too old to watch a 9:35 showing of a movie.
- Go home and go to bed.
- Wake up next morning, annoyed that kitchen is a mess. Coming down with my kids' head cold.
- Sitting at dining room table eating, see guy wearing backpack walk up onto front porch.
- Tell Glen that I think it's one of those guys selling educational books, and to tell him to get lost.
- Glen invites the Time Warner service guy inside.
- Time Warner guy works on our phone problem and discovers what is wrong.
She looks innocent, doesn't she? She argued that she was falsely accused, but a few minutes after the Time Warner guy left, she chomped up another wire under our desk. Thankfully, it wasn't attached to anything. She is now banned from the desk area.